"Eat what you grow. Grow What you Eat."
Our journey at Sustainable Sprout begins and ends with this simple slogan.
After years of eating processed and treated foods, we decided to take control of our life and eat locally grown and non-genetically modified foods. The sustainable food movement is simple, healthy and local. And it doesn't get anymore local than planting your own herbs and vegetables in your own indoor or outdoor garden.
Our love of design, gardening and the new found way of life of sustainability created the trifecta that is now "Sustainable Sprout". We decided to start a seed company that not only focuses on the highest quality Non-GMO seeds, but also to create product bundles that pay attention to design; and create something truly unique that is different from other seed companies. It is our goal to make the Sustainable Sprout seed packet bundles be the #1 selling gift for the home gardener!!
About Our Seeds
At Sustainable Sprout, we pride ourselves on providing a consistent, high-quality product for our customers. Our seeds and packaging all undergo rigorous testing and screening to ensure they meet our exacting standards. Before you buy from us, learn more about our production methods and our approach to quality control.
- All of our seeds are untreated, fresh crop, non-GMO, heirloom varieties.
- We adhere to the Safe Seed Pledge.
- Our seeds are supplied by USDA-compliant seed harvesters who are licensed in all 50 states.
- Before they arrive at our facility, all seeds are lab tested, with accompanying documentation, to ensure they meet or exceed federal germination standards.
- We send the seed out for additional lab spot-testing on a regular basis.
- We conduct regular in-house germination testing as an additional QC measure.
- All packaging is dated and labeled according to USDA regulations.
- Seed packet envelopes are printed using soy-based inks on 70% post consumer waste content paper.
- All packets are subject to random spot checks throughout the fulfillment process. The QC checks look for specified fill weights being met, along with folding edges being sealed properly, and a general overall check to be sure the packet is suitable for retail sale. Records of all QC checks are kept for one year from fulfillment date.